Hey everyone, McKay here again. Thanks for all of your great participation so far. Here is the next assignment:
If an alien were to land on Earth and you had to explain what Comedy Central was, what would you show it?
• If you were to describe it as a person, how would you describe it? Why?
• What kind of clothes would Comedy Central wear?
• Where would Comedy Central live?
• What kind of music would it listen to?
• Which movies would it love?
• Would Comedy Central be a friend of yours? Why or why not? Is Comedy Central you?
• What are 2 images would you show it to represent Comedy Central?
• What is 1 YouTube clip would you show them that represents the entertainment you find on Comedy Central (doesn’t have to be from a Comedy Central show)?
• What are 3 shows you would tell them about? What would you tell them about each show? Why?
Looking forward to reading the next round of responses. Any questions along the way, let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
If I had to describe it as a person I would have to say it was that odd kid in high school who went to the beat of his own drum. Everyone seemed to like him yet he didn't belong to anyone particular click.
It would live in the garage apartment of some crazy old woman where you are never really sure what is going on up there.
It's favorite movie would have to be Harold and Kumar go to White Castles. It is kind of quirky and covers all the different stuff CC does.
As far as You Tube I like this one.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP1USaPMXpI
I like the comedy of it and the fact it has animation like some of the shows.
I would have to tell them about South Park, Colbert Report and the Daily Show. They are all dealing with issues that are current.
IF an alien landed on the earth (assuming of course, they haven't :) I'd tell them that comedy central was like truth serum. It makes you look at things from a totally real perspective without all the hype of advertising and without all the pomp and posing of politics.
If it were a person, CC'd be the kid at the back of the room who's smart but bored and so he has to invent things in order to keep his sanity. Maybe a little mischief here and there but it'd be the kid who sees past the importance of memorizing the periodic table and instead does what he enjoys be it building something in his garage or working on his computer for fun.
CC is feel good clothes and feel good music. It's comfortable in whatever surroundings, the city or the country. Wherever worn blue jeans and laughter is welcome.
CC is me. The images I'd show are the classic america's funniest home videos of the kids hitting Dad in the crotch with the wiffle ball bat and a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
It's looking at life sideways and seeing a different form of the truth then you're used to, heck....even more than you may be comfortable hearing...case in point this Chris Rock classic on Racism•
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDfSDuKzbvs
I'd tell the aliens to pull up a comfy beanbag chair, some cheetos and a cold beer and watch the Daily Show, South Park and some Chris Rock because you'll see life and laughter from a whole new perspective than you'll get anywhere else TV or reality.
I would show the alien South Park, Mind of Mencia, and Drawn Together. If I had to pick one person to sum up comedy central it would be Dave Chapelle. Clow Suit would be the standard uniform. Comedy Central would have to either be in New York or the Deep South. Both are completly out of touch with the rest of the world. I would have to say alternative music since this is a pretty alternative channel. Comedies of course would be the fav movies. Comedy Central is me and would be a huge friend of mine. The ho skit from Carlos Mencia, and the alien satellite dish episode from south park. Chapelle doing the Rick James bit. Mind Of Mencia, South Park, Drawn Together. They are pretty self explanatory, so I wouldn't have to say much. LOL
If I were to describe CC to an Alien I would describe it as an entity or life force,if you will, that presents different styles of comedy to humans.
I would have to say that CC is a person that looks normal, but lives in a straight jacket because he's absolutely insane but, intelligent.
CC would wear clothes that is comfortable yet, trendy. CC never goes out of style. CC listens to a wide variety of music so, its hard to pinpoint an exact genre however, CC loves classic 80's movies.
I would have to show CC a clip from a classic "Dark Poet" comedian. This guy was absolutely brilliant which, is what I think CC represents. www.youtube.com/watch?v=fntiAF3OSts.
To understand CC the alien would have to watch the many standup comics to ensure he understands the variety of humor in this world.
Hmm, lets see....I'd probably say that it is something that you would help you relax with laughter after a hard day at work or something along that line....
As a person....I'd say they had a sense of humor obviously, but a well rounded sense of humor at that. They could appeal to all of their friends because some friends have different types of humor and different things make different people laugh. He/She would dress pretty casually, jeans, hoodie/t-shirt, etc. They would probably listen to mainstream pop but they would like pretty much any kind though.
I would say he/she would be a friend because they know how to appeal to my sense of humor.
2 images would be a picture of dave chappelle dressed as Rick James and the other would be of Jon Stewart behind the desk giving his spin on the news.
This isn't from YouTube but close enough: (not sure if this will work or not, but it's on funnyordie.com and it's called the land lord, with Will Ferrell
http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf?1203120643
If aliens landed on earth I would describe Comedy Central as a mood altering form of entertainment. Laughing has to be one of the best parts of being human.
CC is the type of kid who will do anything for attention. The kid in class making fart sounds. vulgar comments, and falling out of his desk to get a laugh out of anyone he can.
CC would always be wearing something awkwardly innappropriate like speedos on a fat guy or buttless chaps.
CC is definitely living in LaLa land. He's right at home with all the egoness and plastic surgery that is Hollywood. There are so many things to satirize in Tinsel Town.
CC loves any song by Stephen Lynch ()or Jack Black. He even throws some Weird Al onto the Ipod when he waxes nostalgic.
CC loves the same movies I do: Airplane, Monty Python, Dumb and Dumber, Groundhog Day, This is Spinal Tap, and Borat.
CC would be the kind of friend you'd hang out with on the weekends, but you wouldn't want him coming over to your place. He end of embarrassing you or offending your family, but you still get a kick out of seeing him do his thing/
The comedy that stands out to me on CC is edgy and original, but deals with actual issues like the idiocy of racism in the following clip from the Chapelle Show:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zpLDL9q75xE
I would tell the Aliens about The Daily Show/Colbert Report since CC owes much of its prominence to these groundbreaking faux news shows. Then they would have to watch South Park to see modern American culture skewered. Then just for a good time I'd have them watch Reno 911.
cc really does have alot of shows that seem out there.they like the snimation and the comedians alot thats why i love cc so much.
cc really does have alot of shows that seem out there.they like the snimation and the comedians alot thats why i love cc so much.
Post a Comment