Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tell everyone about you!


Please include your name, age, passions/hobbies, why you like to watch Comedy Central, and any images or links to a video that capture your sense of humor. If you have a MySpace or Facebook or Friendster page, please cut and paste a link for us to view! Also, if you have a picture of yourself, you can upload it here!

Again, if you have any questions at all, e-mail McKay at mbrown@kb.com or call at 212-352-4654.

--

Hi everyone, my name is McKay and I'll be posting assignments and asking questions.

I'll go first in introducing myself and telling you all a little bit about me.

I work for an advertising and research for a company in NYC. I love my job because I get to spend all day learning about different types of people and what they love in their lives.

I live in Manhattan with 2 roommates. They are my friends from college. I'm a huge sports fan and try to get together with friends after work. I also love to check out new bars and restaurants in the city.

I like watching Comedy Central because it always makes me laugh, and totally helps me relax after work. Plus, I love talking about some of the shows with my friends the next day.

Since I work in advertising, I decide to include a link to this commercial which I think is great because I love sports and I think it's a cool way to capture the competitiveness that I love.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N9kSfQybPsA (this is not a link. you need to cut and paste this link into a new window to view the video. Videos can not be uploaded on this blog - you need to cut and paste a link).

7 comments:

Mike W. said...

Glad to meet you, McKay. While I always thought of myself as fairly computer savvy, I never caught the blogging bug. Probably a combo of kids, work and outside interests never seemed to lend itself to the whole blogging concept.

I need comedy central. There are certain shows on regular tv that I enjoy, How I Met Your Mother, LOST, Heroes, but most of the rest just don't seem to have the edge that the shows on CC offer. I love Sarah Silverman, South Park, shows like Drawn Together...basically anything that pushes the envelope of decency and propriety works for me :)
The only issue I have unfortunately is being a Dad and wincing when my youngest sees or here's something I shouldn't have allowed him to. Ughhhhh Bad parent guilt. My youngest is already addicted to Family Guy much to both my pride and my chagrin. Sad to think that Simpsons is now pretty much passe and tame to what's out there nowadays.
I almost wish there was a Nick at Nite for CC because some of the old stuff I used to love growing up like Steve Martin, Redd Foxx and Richard Pryor are just hilarious but the best you can do is find snippets of them on youtube or such. Oh well, just my random ponderings.....

jasonrc82 said...

Hey McKay, what's up? My name is Jason. I'm 25. I love anything comedy! I'm a big fan SNL and the actors that have come from SNL, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrel, etc. Right now my favorite show on TV is The Office. I've got the first 3 seasons on my ipod, they never seem to get old. I also like watching Family Guy because of the Randomness they'll throw in. I think that is the funniest type of comedy. I'm also a fan of the blue collar comedy guys. Larry the Cable Guy (my favorite) is pretty much hilarious. Jon Stewart is great because watching his take of the news gives a great comedic spin on the otherwise boring/drab network news. I liked Crank Yankers because they reminded me of the Jerky Boys (I had all their CD's). Also Chappelle is great too. The skits that he would do, Rick James, R Kelly (Pee on you, that cracks me up). The main reason I like to watch comedy central is basically the variety of shows that are offered.

Check out my myspace and facebook:

http://www.myspace.com/bigjrc

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=570217117

RG said...

Hi everyone! My name is Richelle, but everyone calls me Shelly. I have always enjoyed reading blogs, but this is a first to actually contribute to one!

I am a part-time working mom of 4 kids, so watching Comedy Central and other comedies at the end of the day is a must! I love South Park and the Daily Show, but my favorite thing to watch on CC are the traditional stand-up shows! I can count on laughing continuously and relieving the stress of my day! There is so much new comedic talent out there..I love it!! But some of my all time faves are Ellen DeGeneres, Steven Wright, Ray Ramono , and Steve Martin.

I agree, that with young children in the house we parents have to watch out for little eyes, but that's what rocks about a DVR!! I am constantly pausing t.v.whenever someone gets out of bed to tell me their nose hurts and they can't sleep!! Some of my favorite comedies are South Park, Family Guy, the Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother (can we find out, already!), New Adventures of Old Christine, and Til Death.

ciyates said...

Hi McKay, I am new to blogging on this particular site so I please forgive the trial and errors as we get started. I did my intro however I am not sure if it is on this particular post or not. I love CC. It is my guilty pleasure. I have to DVR a lot of the programs because I have a little one at home. Somehow I don't see Cartman as being the role model I want for him. I can just imagine him strutting around and yelling "Respect my authority!".

Jillian said...

Nice to meet you, Mckay. I'm a blog virgin, so go easy on me.
Comedy Central is an addiction. Does CC have REHAB? I love to watch the stand up comics and Family Guy which my twelve year old son got me watching. Yeah, I know he's only twelve, but he if he doesn't learn from me then he'll ask his uncle's and believe me he'll get more information than he bargained for. My son is as twisted as I am when it comes to our sense of humor. So anyway, On weekends my son and I watch movies on CC and we can laugh until our ribs hurt.

Life is better with humor! Don't ya think?

Matt said...

So my name is Matt and I am 24. I basically spend my life dealing with work or being at home with my family, and I am the head of a freemasons lodge. I like to watch comedy central because no matter what it generally always makes me laugh and then I can go on with my day.

jd said...

Hello im JD. I am 31 years old and I am married. i have 3 wonderful children they are 11,8,3.I love kentucky wildcats and the Cincinnati Reds and the Cleveland Browns.I love listening to music.I love to watch Comedy Cental because of all the good shows on there. I love south park,drawn together,chapple's show and etc..My since of humor would be south park because they are so funny while being so stupid.