Hi there all... My name is Mike and I'm a native Cincinnatian give or take a few diversions. I love my baseball, my football and well, heck.... my kids when they're not testing my patience, my resolve and my ability to multi-task on the fly. Is it just me or when we were kids we rode bikes around the neighborhood, maybe watched a little Spiderman and the Brady Bunch after school, did our homework and then went to bed? Sighhhhhhhh.....simpler days. Is it any wonder I don't need a little comedy in my life. If there was a Mony Python channel I'd get it but until then I love me my South Park, my Robot Chicken and Daily Show, best show outside the CC network - Family Guy and Corner Gas is just a wonderful little gem of a show, great characters!
My definition of irony. Getting my parent's 2 ft. tall Rodin, The Thinker, sculture which sat on their "console stereo" system for 40 plus years, setting it on my shelf only to have the shelf break two minutes later. Can you say "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!" That God, whatta joker.... So here I am on Ebay ten minutes later looking to try and replace it with something bigger than the paperweights I see before me. UGHHHH!!! I refuse to bow down to life's twists and turns!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thats terrible about the statue. Sounds like the luck I have. I once broke an immitatin beverage used for decoration on my grandmothers deck. I was young and I was sooo upset I ran and hid in my parents car for an hour. Thank god for my family's sense of humor! They laughed at me and man did that make me feel a little at ease. Hope you found a new one!
It took me back to when I was heading off to college. I looked all over for the lava lamp that used ot be in my folks living room. I finally found it in a box in the basement, took it upstairs, tripped just a bit going up the stairs and broke the damn thing. It wasn't a tiffany vase and I was able to find one at ...well, a head job in Oxford, but still, to search, find and destroy all in one brief moment makes you feel like the big guy (gal) has quite the sense of humor :)
Sorry about the statue. My friend was given a clock that had been in the family for several generations as a wedding gift from her great grandmother. As she held it up to show everyone she dropped it and shattered it. Her grandmother just tisked and said she was hard on things.
really sorry to hear about the statue.I hope you found something that will fix your problem
Post a Comment