Hey everyone,
Thanks for all of your responses so far. We are enjoying learning all about you.
We actually decided to change Assignment One to something a little different. Please see below. Jillian - I saw that you have already posted a response for the other one. So don't worry about answering this (unless of course you want to, I won't hold you back!).
If you could spend the afternoon with the cast of one show, which one would it be and why?
• Is this cast appealing to you because you think they would be your friends?
• Where would you go with them? A baseball game? A movie? Would you just hang out at your house and play video games?
• What do you think those people would be like? Do you think they would be funny? Do you think they would be friendly? Do you think they would be outrageous?
• If you were to go out to lunch or dinner, where would you take them? Why do you think they would (or would not) like that particular spot?
• How do you envision hanging out with them? Would they still be in character?
• How would that character treat you? How would that character treat those around you? Your best friend? Your parents? Your teacher?
• How would that actor treat you? Your best friend? Your parents? Your teacher?
Cheers,
McKay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
The one show that I would have to pick is the daily show and well I know that Jon Stewart is just doing his bit, he gives me that little bit of inteligence well still being completly ridiculious. I would guess that he is probably a nice guy in person and I would also think that you could have a good time with him.
I am kind of torn between the Colbert Report and Reno 911, but I think I would pick Reno just because of the overall number of funny people to meet. From what I understand they improvise most of the lines in the show, and I just have a feeling that hanging out with them would not be dull. Since I work at a high school I would love to have the "officers" come address the student body. Of course that would probably get me fired, but it would be a day to remember.
I tend to like the edgier comics like Doug Stanhope or Richard Shapiro but I think hanging out with them would risk either encarceration or an ER visit at 3am. As fun as it sounds, I remember all too well what is was like to be the first one to pass out at a party in college with those type of guys around...ughhhhhhh. I love Patton Oswalt's comedy (warning on the link, just a few F-bombs) !!! I think hanging out with him would be just plain hilarious. His observations on the simplest thing in life from KFC bowls to Cheetos being the Alpha snack food http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bNdzrg6M-4&feature=related are just crazy good. I enjoy Jon Stewart but he's so polished now that I think he's lost a bit of his edge. He's still funny and smart comedy and all but if I were to hang out with someone at a Denny's at 2am, it'd be Patton Oswalt.
As far as a cast I'd love to hang out with, it'd be the cast of Scrubs. Even though I think they're wayyyyyy overexposed on so many different channels, I still love the chemistry on the show with the characters. You just get the feeling that they're close friends even after the show wraps.
I would spend it with the Blue Collar comedy guys. When they all get together it's an endless supply of laughs. Especially Larry the Cable Guy, it seems like he's got something funny to say about everything.
They seem like good people so, yeah, I'd say we'd be "friends".
Wherever we'd go, it'd have to be somewhere that would serve alcohol, because I don't think Ron White would go otherwise, lol. So probably a Reds or Bengals game would work. It'd be funny to see how they'd react to the people around us. There'd be plenty of material for jokes with some of the people that I've seen at games.
I would spend the day with any of the comedians. I love the Ron White or Dane Cook. We would go to a small local bar and just hang out. I think they would be pretty much like you see them on stage. I could defiantly see myself hanging out with them and a group of friends.
My show would be drawn Together because I would be the only normal one on there.I dont think that they would be my friends they would probably backstab me.I would just hang out at my house and play video games.I think they would be crazy and they probably drive me crazy.They would be very outrageous because they are outrageous on the show.I would take them to Mcdonald's.They act like children so they would enjoy the happy meals and the outside play area.Everyone of them is one fry short of a happy meal so they fit in well.I think they would be totally insane and yes they would still be character they are funnier when they are in character.With complete disrespect and false modesty kinda like a modern day eddie haskell.Its a cartoon they are no actors.
when you said the blue collar guys,I love them also they are so funny and I own most of their dvds.I really like to sit and watch them.
Post a Comment